If you have sex or masturbate about 3 times daily you should expect your semen to be watery. Sperm makes up just about 5% of the semen (ejaculate) and so hypothetically you cannot say ” I have watery sperm” but you can say watery semen. The sperm and some factors thicken semen to an extent, the more the sperm in the semen, the thicker the semen.
Sperm production and maturation takes about 69-74 days, therefore over indulgence not only empties the sperm sack but also over works the testicles, leaving you with a deficiency in sperm production.
Yellow, Dry and Thicker Sperm:
Age could be a major contributor to the change of colour of the male semen. Nutrition also affects the colour and consistency of semen; Some foods rich in sulphur like garlic, onions, legumes, grains, nuts, broccoli, cabbages and asparagus makes semen yellow just like dehydration could make semen lumpy and dry. Fructose deficiency also causes the semen to appear watery. Fructose is the source of energy with which sperms swim. Fructose is abundant in fruits such as banana, pineapples e.t.c. Urine in semen can also make semen appear yellow as they are both expelled through the urethra. Chlamydia and gonorrhea infection can also make semen appear yellow, watery or even thicker than necessary .
Excess alcohol, cigarette smoking, stress, hot baths and psychoactive drug misuse can all affect sperm quality.
In some instances your semen can be watery and be absolutely normal. Like just before ejaculation (pre-ejaculatory fluid) or during an illness. Watery sperm is often suggestive of a low sperm count but this is not always the case.
Natural Home Remedies To Cure Thin Semen You Could Try
(1) Fructose is one of the main component of semen, therefore a diet poor in fructose may result in thinning of sperm. Ripe fruits are rich sources of fructose so try to include fresh fruits in your diet plan. However do not take too much of these fruits because when people eat a diet that is high in calories and high in fructose, the liver gets overloaded and starts turning the fructose into fat.
(2) Soak 5-7 dry dates(chuhara) in milk for 2-3 hours or until they become soft. Eat them with milk daily to cure thinning of semen. Dates are excellent source of fructose, glucose and dietary fibers. They also contain a good amount of Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5 and small amount of Vitamin A1. Dates(khajur) not only improve overall energy level but also increase sexual stamina and help to make your semen dense.
(3) Sometimes zinc deficiency also cause thinning of semen. Oyster, lamb(mutton), almonds, peanuts, pine nuts(chilgoza), cashews and sunflower seeds are good sources of Zinc.
(4) Selenium is also essential for proper thickening of semen. Sunflower seeds, fish(salmon, sardines and tuna), oyster, Lamb(mutton),chicken, eggs,wheat germ, barley, brown rice, oats and onion are excellent sources of selenium.
(5)Deficiency of certain vitamins may also lead to thinning of semen. Increase your intake of Vitamins C, E, B12 in your diet plan.
(6) Reduce your stress level because stress is also responsible for hormonal imbalance and cause thinning of semen. You can reduce your stress level by taking a walk, hanging around friends and doing those leisure activities that relax and make you happy.
(7) Exercise is important to strengthen the body muscles and also help to reduce your overall stress level. Regular exercise and proper and uninterrupted sleep of 6-8 hours is essential for healthy brain because only a healthy brain is able to release a balanced amount of sex hormones for proper thickening of semen.
Some Precautions and Useful Tips
(i) If you are a diabetic patient fructose rich food are hazardous to you so avoid consuming them before consulting a doctor.
(ii)Avoid Masturbation: Because the men who indulge in over masturbation start producing poor quality semen due to weakness of muscles and over stressing of the testes. Testes require 48-72 hours to replenish sperms that`s why daily masturbation or ejaculation not only reduces the amount of semen available for each ejaculation but also reduce sperm count in semen and hence results in thinning of semen.
(iii) Maintain a gap of 3 days between two consecutive ejaculations. The more times you ejaculate, the less dense your semen will be because daily ejaculation reduces the amount of semen available during each ejaculation. So for dense semen and healthy sperms have sex with your partner at least after 2 or 3 days.
(iv) Avoid Smoking because it not only damages blood vessels but also restrict the oxygen supply to blood and decrease sperm production and also decrease their life span, therefore spermatozoa die before reaching their target eggs.
(v)Avoid alcohol: Alcohol affects liver function, which, in turn disturb hormonal levels. Even two drinks a day will have long term effects on sperm production. So strictly avoid alcohol intake.
(vi)Avoid hot baths because spermatogenesis happens at temperatures 1-8 degrees lower than normal body temperature. Overheating the testicles create a hostile environment for spermatogenesis to occur. A previous article of this blog has treated this extensively.
(vii)If you don`t get rid of thinning of semen by using above remedies then don`t rely only on these home remedies and consult your problems with doctor because sometimes thinning of semen may be a cause of an other underlying sexual disease such as chlamydia or gonorrhea.